Wednesday, April 28, 2010

[Tales of Happy World] A Beautiful Farewell


It was a very cold winter.

On this day, my grandmother was going home after spending several months in the hospital.
My father could not hide his sorrow.
Because the doctor told him that my grandmother would probably not make it through the winter.

"Mother, hold on a bit."

"Aren’t you glad to be going home?"

Grandmother became weaker every day.
And as if she knew what the doctor had said, she held my father’s hand and spoke.

"I don’t think I’ll make it through the winter."

"Mother, why do you say such things?"

And every time she said that, my father would silently cry. We all did. However, my grandmother Miraculously made it through the winter. Although we lost her in early summer, we had 6 more months than was expected.

Every day of those six months was winter for my grandmother. Even though winter passed and it was spring, we changed into winter clothes every time we entered her room. There were even times we wore our gloves and scarves.

Afraid we would lose her if she knew winter had passed, the whole family kept the secret. Our whole family earned 6 extra precious months to prepare her for the longest journey of her life.

That summer, my mother full of sadness, cried as she put away all our winter clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online