Sunday, May 2, 2010

[Tales of Happy World] The Everlasting Graffiti


Last spring, our family moved into a house with a yard. The house had a well and a large jujube tree. After renting one house to the next, the whole family was ecstatic about owning our first house. My mother who had to listen to the owners complain about her troublemaking son and daughter was the happiest about the house. As soon as we finished moving in, my job was to erase all the graffiti marks on the fence.

Unfamiliar handwriting,

An unfamiliar address…

A map...

I drew water from the deep well and erased all the writing.

"I erased everything."

Then something strange happened. When I woke up the next morning, the writing I had erased appeared again.

"Did a fairy do this?"

"Or did magic make it disappear in the moonlight?"

I just couldn’t figure it out. I didn’t know how it could be possible… I drew water again from the well and erased it. This time my mother even inspected it.

"My wonderful daughter…It’s so clean…"

However, it happened again the next morning. Again the same writing appeared.

"Who is doing this?"

I decided to stay up and watch for the person who kept rewriting what I erased. That night. I saw the shadows of two children on the fence. They were definitely the culprits.

"You said dad would see this from heaven and find our new house, right?"

"Of course"

"dad was a postman so he’ll have no trouble."

"Okay."

The two brothers wrote directions to their new house so their father in heaven would find them. After that night, I never erased the writing. Even today you can find the crooked writing clear as day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online